Rates and Insurance
My current rate is $150 per 50-minute session and $200 per 80-minute session with reduced rates potentially available depending on circumstances and openings. Payment is due at each session by credit card, cash, or check.
Services for psychotherapy may be covered fully or partially by your health insurance. If you have PPO insurance, you may be eligible to be reimbursed at an out-of-network rate. It's your responsibility to find out what coverage you have and if it has any limits / limitations. I don't submit claims directly to your insurance company, but upon request, I can give you a "superbill" which you can then submit to your insurance company for any reimbursement you're eligible for. Some questions you may wish to ask your insurance company ahead of time when trying to determine coverage are:
- Does my policy provide mental health insurance benefits?
- Is there a deductible? Have I met it yet?
- How many counseling sessions does my plan cover per year?
- What counts as an out-of-network provider?
- How much reimbursement would I receive when using an out-of-network provider?
- Does my primary care physician have to give approval / refer me?
Rescheduling and Cancellation Policy
Therapy requires regular attendance for it to be effective, and if you call ahead to cancel, I may be able to reschedule you for another time during the week. If you don't attend a scheduled appointment without calling to cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment time, you'll be charged the same as what you pay for a normal session.